Test News History

At the beginning of the 20th century Gampaha was not yet urbanized and there wasn’t a girls’ school except an English school for boys. Therefore, the Roman Catholic Church started Holy Cross School to educate the young girls in Gampaha, with just 7 students, on 10th March 1924. The first school building was attached to the Holy Cross Church, Gampaha.